Cathrin, originally from Germany, has been living in the States for more than 10 years, but she recently made the decision to return. She discusses the reasons for wanting to come back, how she needs to say goodbye to her old life, and how she faces similar culture shocks to other foreigners moving to Germany. She also discusses customer service in Germany, German coffee, and what it's like looking for a job months in advance.
Welcome To Germany Summit 2022:
A group of experts (including me!) has come together to organize a free online event for everyone interested in moving to and living in Germany - expats, internationals, immigrants, repats...you name it.
29th September 2022 from 1 p.m. to 7 p.m.
The topics that will be covered:
- The main steps of your Relocation in Germany
- Learning German for your career in Germany
- What I wish I knew when I was you: stories from an intercultural trainer
- How Business English Gives You an Upper Hand in the German Market
- Transitioning from student visa to job seeker visa to work permit
- Movement is key when working from home
- The Actual Job Search - How to search for a Job in Germany
- Navigating German work culture(s)
- Financial Education: Guidance on your "German" journey
- The Emotional Journey of the Expat: How to recognize when grief hits and what to do about it
- Advice for adapting and integrating in Germany, from discussions with 100+ foreigners
SIGN UP FOR THE WELCOME TO GERMANY SUMMIT 2022 HERE
IF YOU ENJOY THIS PODCAST
You can support the show in various ways:
- BUY THE GERMANY EXPERIENCE PODCAST A COFFEE – there are a lot of costs associated with running a podcast, like expenses for hosting the audio and the tools used to record the episodes. Every donation will go towards the monthly expenses of keeping The Germany Experience going. And it will make my heart happy!
- SPREAD THE WORD – share your favorite episode in an expats in Germany Facebook group, on Twitter, or any of the other social channels. Or if you know someone who might need this podcast in their life, tell them about it!
- WRITE A REVIEW – write a review about The Germany Experience on my site, on Apple Podcasts, or on Spotify (or anywhere else you can think of).
JOIN THE FACEBOOK GROUP: https://www.facebook.com/theGermanyExperience
Visit the official podcast website: https://thegermanyexperience.de
Subscribe to the YouTube channel: https://youtube.com/c/thegermanyexperience
Review the podcast: https://thegermanyexperience.de/rate
Contact me: email@example.comSupport the show